[mythtv-users] Scheduler Trouble

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Mon Sep 28 17:38:52 UTC 2009

doug at fawnanddoug.com <doug at fawnanddoug.com> says:
> I'm trying to record "The New Adventures of Old Christine" and the
> scheduler correctly picks the HD-PVR.

I presume you have the HD channels on each device sharing the same
callsign (Example: KPIXDT)? And the same with the SD channels
(Example: KPIX)? I realize this is a basic question (and it wouldn't
have made a difference in your case), but many people don't realize
one should do this.

> However, instead of choosing the HD channel (552) it chooses the SD
> channel (2).

As marvelous as the scheduler is, there are some peculiarities and
nuances I've yet to fully understand after almost four years of using
MythTV.

The simple, and best, solution is to simply not make the SD channels
visible (to the scheduler, or to users). This can be done via MythWeb,
or TV Settings|Recording Priorities|Channel Priorities. I have dozens
of channels via both OTA and cable that are available in both HD and
SD versions, and I've never seen any reason to make the SD ones
visible. Note that, if one wants to, it's still possible to manually
jump to the channel in Live TV.

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array