[mythtv-users] Upgrade Mythbuntu to latest nvidia drivers

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 02:44:12 UTC 2009

Hello,

I want to upgrade my mythbuntu Nvidia drivers to the latest and get
mplayer-vdpau.  I am running the 180 standard drivers.  there are so
many bug fixes in the 190's that I want to upgrade.  What i thought
would be a easy thing turns out not so.

Right now I am running mythbuntu .22 weekly builds.  My googling
points me to install Avernard's repo.  So i do, then issue a:

mitchell at mythtv:~$ sudo apt-get install nvidia-190*
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting nvidia-190-libvdpau-dev for regex 'nvidia-190*'
Note, selecting nvidia-190-libvdpau for regex 'nvidia-190*'
Note, selecting nvidia-190-kernel-source for regex 'nvidia-190*'
Note, selecting nvidia-190-modaliases for regex 'nvidia-190*'
  python-crypto mplayer-skins bittornado libdca0 libass1 libamrnb3
libdvbpsi4 python-utidylib libggi-target-x mythnettv libvlc2
  libtidy-0.99-0 libamrwb3 libxine1-ffmpeg vlc-nox libggi2 libgii1
python-feedparser libgii1-target-x libiso9660-5 liblua5.1-0
  vlc-data libtar libvlccore0 python-chardet libvcdinfo0 libebml0 libmatroska0
  libmyth-0.21-0 libqt3-mt libqt3-mt-mysql mythgallery mythmovies
mythmusic mythtv mythtv-backend mythtv-backend-master
  mythtv-common mythtv-database mythtv-frontend mythtv-transcode-utils
mythvideo mythweather nvidia-190-kernel-source
  nvidia-190-libvdpau nvidia-190-libvdpau-dev nvidia-190-modaliases
nvidia-glx-190 python-imdbpy python-sqlalchemy
Suggested packages:
  libqt3-mt-odbc libqt3-mt-psql mythtv-doc mythgame mythstream
python-sqlobject python-sqlalchemy-doc python-psycopg2
  python-kinterbasdb
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  libmyth-0.22-0 nvidia-180-kernel-source nvidia-180-libvdpau nvidia-glx-180
  libmyth-0.21-0 libqt3-mt libqt3-mt-mysql nvidia-190-kernel-source
nvidia-190-libvdpau nvidia-190-libvdpau-dev
  nvidia-190-modaliases nvidia-glx-190 python-sqlalchemy
  mythgallery mythmovies mythmusic mythtv mythtv-backend
mythtv-backend-master mythtv-common mythtv-database mythtv-frontend
  mythtv-transcode-utils mythvideo mythweather python-imdbpy
13 upgraded, 9 newly installed, 4 to remove and 12 not upgraded.
Need to get 79.5MB of archives.
After this operation, 106MB of additional disk space will be used.