[mythtv-users] error when fixing database forced by mythtv upgrade

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Sun Sep 27 23:40:46 UTC 2009

Michael T. Dean píše v Ne 27. 09. 2009 v 19:09 -0400:
> I'll look at it.  Had you run the restore with --verbose, you would have
> seen the error, "Unable to connect to database."

ah, then don't bother looking at it and just suggest adding --verbose in
the wiki page in case something goes wrong.

> So, that's because there's a "prefix" index on the name column of the
> people table.  Only the first 41 (of 128) characters are checked to
> determine if the values are unique.

I see.

> I'm basing my statement that your data is partially corrupt on the
> assumption that you have actually recorded more than 265 episodes of
> shows since you started using MythTV.

oldrecorded's record count is 6843 (since November 2005).

> recorded 9433 episodes, I /definitely/ wouldn't throw all my recording
> history out.)

OK. I'll wait and see if you can come up with an automated checking and
conversion tool. In the meantime I'll play with the recode idea.

Thanks a lot for all your help.

Petr