[mythtv-users] Can anyone tell me why Ticket 6382 has been closed?

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 19:23:22 UTC 2009

Can anyone tell me why Ticket 6382
(http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6382) has been closed apart from
"patch missing"?

It is a bug from my point of view but it says patch missing now after
6 months sitting their.  Usually "feature requests" are cleared out
much quicker than that.

I think it is about time someone posts details on when something is
considered a bug and when something is considered a "feature request
or whatever"?

What is the point people spending time posting details of bugs if they
are just ignored for 6 months and then just decided that the bug is
actually how it is supposed to work or is a feature request?

I do not know how a recording not starting when it should start can be
classed as anything else other than a bug - quite a fundamental thing
for a HTPC!

I get it I have no right to demand someone to fix the problem but I am
a bit disheartened as time has been spent reporting the problem it
shouldn't just get thrown out to be forgotten the way it has been.

It puts me off reporting further bugs - I will just leave it to
someone else to waste their time!