[mythtv-users] error when fixing database forced by mythtv upgrade

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Sun Sep 27 18:33:02 UTC 2009

Petr Stehlik píše v Ne 27. 09. 2009 v 20:25 +0200:
> > Funny, so if now I have all in 'latin1' maybe I could re-try the
> > upgrade?
>
> Failed again the same way as before. Going back to 0.21 and waiting for
> any suggestion.

BTW, I'd like to add that I followed the
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Fixing_Corrupt_Database_Encoding closely,
figured my DB is not misconfigured, changed the "SET NAME" in the SQL
dump using the provided 'sed' oneliner, dropped the database and
re-created it manually, altered it to use latin1 and then ran the
mythconverg_restore.pl that again failed with duplicate entry in the
'people' table where I can't see any duplicates (unless it's comparing
name entries truncated to some 34-36 characters).

Thanks

Petr