[mythtv-users] Video card and remote recommendations

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 15:13:52 UTC 2009

> For the video card, I need DVI and would like the option of HDMI for the
> future. I know I am looking at an NVIDIA card with VDPAU support and I am
> trying to stay under $50 for the card.
> I will be using PCI-E for the video card and my case has plenty of room for
> full height/full length cards.

You don't need to worry to much about HDMI because DVI and HDMI are
designed to be compatible so there are plenty of cheap adapters that
work perfectly. You can just do a power search on newegg and list your
requirements. I would suggest limiting yourself to fanless cards. I
would also stay with 8500/9500 and up. The 8400/9400 aren't able to
handle the best VDPAU deinterlacers with all content. There are
several fanless 9500GT cards in your price range.