[mythtv-users] Video card and remote recommendations

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 15:12:51 UTC 2009

I was wondering what everyone would recommend. In the past I
> used a streamzap receiver and really liked it but I didn't know if there was
> anything better out since I bought my old one 2+ years ago.

StreamZap works fine if you like it.  Many people have great luck with
the MCE USB remote.  Plus it has 2 blasters built in.

> For the video card, I need DVI and would like the option of HDMI for the
> future. I know I am looking at an NVIDIA card with VDPAU support and I am
> trying to stay under $50 for the card.
> I will be using PCI-E for the video card and my case has plenty of room for
> full height/full length cards

Any card should work.  HDMI and DVI are really the same thing, so if
you want buy one with DVI and when you need HDMI you can buy an
adapter.  I would recommend getting a 9000+.  As it will allow the
best de-interlaces to work.

--
Mitchell