[mythtv-users] Video card and remote recommendations

Justin Garrison rothgar at 1n73r.net
Sun Sep 27 14:57:58 UTC 2009

I am working on my 5th MythTV box but it has been a while since I have had
any money to actually buy parts instead of taking leftover pieces from old
computers. I already have the main parts but I still need a video card and
ir receiver. I was wondering what everyone would recommend. In the past I
used a streamzap receiver and really liked it but I didn't know if there was
anything better out since I bought my old one 2+ years ago.
For the video card, I need DVI and would like the option of HDMI for the
future. I know I am looking at an NVIDIA card with VDPAU support and I am
trying to stay under $50 for the card.
I will be using PCI-E for the video card and my case has plenty of room for
full height/full length cards.
My TV is 720p and I will be using a HDHR and HD-PVR for tuners.

Please let me know recommendations for a IR receiver that works well and a
video card if you have them.
Thank you.

--
Justin Garrison