[mythtv-users] s-video to composite

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 03:29:52 UTC 2009

> I just went out and tested.... If I hold one of the cables just right, I get
> a lousy image.  So the mobo is putting out the right signal; I have two
> broken cables.  Sigh....
>
> Any recommendations for a converter?
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812196063
>
> Seems to be highly thought of...  Anyone have experience with it?

I have a CablesToGo s-video to composite converter cable that works
fine (different version though). I know your pain though. I had a
situation where I had 2 cards and 2 cables. One card had a bad s-video
port and one cable didn't work right. It took forever to eliminate all
of the possible software problems and then try all of the various
hardware configurations before I finally go to the bottom of it.