[mythtv-users] s-video to composite

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 02:25:17 UTC 2009

> Can anyone offer any words of wisdom on converting from S-Video to
> composite?
>
> I have 2 cables, neither one of which works - the monitor on the composite
> end doesn't see a signal.  The computer doesn't see a monitor connected to
> the S-Video jack...

As I recall I had to manually tell the driver what to do since as you
said the computer can't detect devices attached via S-Video. I had to
put something like this in my xorg.conf file:

    Option         "UseDisplayDevice" "TV"
    Option         "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"
    Option         "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"

However, I could usually still see the output while it was booting up
before X starts. Are you seeing anything at all? If not it may be a
cable issue. What video card are you using?