[mythtv-users] s-video to composite

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sun Sep 27 02:09:17 UTC 2009

Can anyone offer any words of wisdom on converting from S-Video to
composite?

I have 2 cables, neither one of which works - the monitor on the
composite end doesn't see a signal.  The computer doesn't see a monitor
connected to the S-Video jack...

Googling tells me you can make one with a simple cap, or you can get a
converter IC.  I'm seeing cables from a couple of $ to $20 and no
explanation of what I'm buying...

Monoprice, my supplier of choice for cables, doesn't have a simple 3'
S-Video to Composite cable...

So, can anyone shed any light on this?  This is what stands between me
and Myth in my van...  A stupid cable!

--

   o__