[mythtv-users] IR Tranmitter

William william_munson at comcast.net
Sat Sep 26 22:08:09 UTC 2009

Bert Van Kets wrote:
> I need to build an IR transmitter to set the channels on my cable box
> (Belgian Telenet Digibox). Anybody try the three component circuit on
> http://www.lirc.org/transmitters.html or is it necessary to use the
> higher power one further down the page.
>
> How can I find out what frequency I need to transmit? How do I set it?

The cheap one will usually work ok for one device. The output is pretty
weak so you need to tape it right over the sensor. The high power one
will allow you to control several devices from one emitter.

To find the frequency. Find a lirc configuration for your device and
look at the top of the file. The frequency is shown in the info there.
But in actuality, it does not matter as long as you install the correct
conf files for your device. The config tells lirc what freq to use.

William