[mythtv-users] Glitchy HDHR Recordings

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Fri Sep 25 23:17:10 UTC 2009

> Check the backend log for IOBOUND messages.

I've got 2 instances of that word in my logs, but neither were on the
day I had these problems.

> Also make sure to enable Slow Deletes if you're using the ext3 file system.

XFS for me.

> don't allow SchedulesDirect to run mythfilldatabase when it feels like

I've already changed it to run between 2 and 6 AM, since I've found
that it can screw up live tv while it is updating the database. If you
try to change a channel while that is going on, it will sometimes hang
and drop you back to the menu. That was happening to my wife a lot for
months. Finally I figured out every time it happened, mythfilldatabse
was running. Changed it to run in the middle of the night and haven't
had a problem with that ever since.

--
Ron
Ronald Frazier Photography - http://www.ronfphoto.com/