[mythtv-users] Zotac ION + HD-PVR 1212: FE/Master BE or FE/Slave BE?

Eric N sheed03 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 13:49:00 UTC 2009

I'm planning my first MythTV setup with an HD-PVR 1212 already
purchased.  I have searched the mailing list archives and some users
have reported success using the zotac ion with intel atom processor as
a combined FE/BE if you do not plan on comm flagging multiple shows at
one time and have one capture device.  I will have a fileserver and
general use pc with linux installed in my office that could perform
some of the tasks of the BE using Mythbackend.  Which would be easiest
to set up while offloading the most cpu intensive process to the
office pc: zotac as FE/master BE and pc as slave BE or zotac as
FE/slave BE and pc as master BE?  I have read that the master BE
expects at least one capture device in past versions of Myth, but is
that still true for 0.22?

I am looking at a zotac ion A-U with dual core atom processor and I
would throw in 4 GB ram.

Eric