[mythtv-users] Is NVIDIA worth the bother?

David Segall david at segall.net
Fri Sep 25 08:10:40 UTC 2009

I note that, if anyone asks the list for a GPU  recommendation, the
answer is almost always an NVIDIA that supports VDPAU. I also note that
most of the difficulties with graphics drivers posted in the list are
from NVIDIA owners!

My current GPU, an Intel 865G, has worked out of the box over a couple
of MythTV software upgrades. It's time for a hardware upgrade but I'm
reluctant to switch to an NVIDEA GPU unless there are observable
benefits. Are there? The display will be a 32" 1920×1080 LCD.

David.