[mythtv-users] VIA EPIA/CLE266 no longer supported? [was: Openchrome XvMC at >80% CPU after upgrade]

Mache Creeger mache at creeger.com
Wed Sep 23 18:25:02 UTC 2009

At 11:48 PM 9/22/2009, Ronald Pijnacker wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>In the past year I have tried to upgrade from mythtv 0.20 to 0.21
>(both -fixes)
>and lately weekly trunk builds. My original setup is based on ubuntu
>7.10 which
>is now unsupported, therefore I would like to upgrade to 9.04 or
>maybe 9.10 in the
>near future.
>
>I have started a few threads trying to figure out why mythtv after
>0.20 is taking
>too much CPU on my via epia m1000 with cle266 graphics chip. However
>I am getting
>very little response.
>This could mean a few things:
>
>- I am asking the wrong kind of questions -- or in the wrong way
>   (if so, please let me know how to improve on this),
>- Nobody is using this kind of hardware configuration on recent
>mythtv, so nobody cares,
>- Other people are simply more clever/persistent/educated than me in getting
>   their setup running.
>
>To rule out the latter two options, I would like to ask whether
>other people are still
>using via epia m1000 systems to run recent versions of mythtv, and
>if so whether they
>are succesfull in getting the CPU usage down while watching SD
>(PAL/NTSC/DVD) content.
>
>If anyone with this kind of hardware is willing to share their
>configuration, I would
>very much appreciate this.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Ronald

I have recently tried to load up current myth rpms with current
Fedora 11 on my VIA EPIA M10K. The SD video with XvMC enbabled was
slowmo with pauses. DVD isos on xine with XvMC work just fine. I am
at a loss on how to proceed. While on Fedora and not Ubuntu I would
be happy to work with you on this.

-- Mache

# more xorg.conf
# Xorg configuration created by system-config-display

Section "ServerLayout"
         Identifier     "Default Layout"
         Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
         InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
         Option "AllowEmptyInput" "false"
         Option "AutoAddDevices"  "off"
         Option "BlankTime" "0"
         Option "StandbyTime" "0"
         Option "SuspendTime" "0"
         Option "OffTime" "0"
EndSection

Section "Files"
# RgbPath is the location of the RGB database.  Note, this is the name of the
# file minus the extension (like ".txt" or ".db").  There is normally
# no need to change the default.

# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated together)
# By default, Red Hat 6.0 and later now use a font server independent of
# the X server to render fonts.

#  RgbPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
   ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions"
   ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/input"
   ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
   FontPath     "unix/:7100"
EndSection

Section "Module"
         Load  "dbe"
         Load  "extmod"
         Load  "fbdevhw"
         Load  "glx"
         Load  "record"
         Load  "freetype"
         Load  "type1"
         Load  "dri"
         Load  "dri2"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier  "Keyboard0"
         Driver      "kbd"
         Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
         Option      "XkbLayout" "us+inet"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier  "Mouse0"
         Driver      "mouse"
         Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
         Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
         Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
         Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection

#Section "Monitor"
#       Identifier   "Monitor-CRT"
#       VendorName   "Dell"
#       ModelName    "Dell Monitor"
#       HorizSync    31.5 - 79.0
#        VertRefresh  50.0 - 90.0
#        Option      "dpms"
#EndSection

Section "Monitor"
         Identifier   "Monitor0"
         VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
         ModelName    "Analog NTSC Television"
         HorizSync    30.0 - 50.0
         VertRefresh  60.0 - 60.0
         Option           "dpms"
#        ModeLine "720x480" 26.7 720 736 808 896 480 481 484 497
#        ModeLine "720x576" 32.7 720 744 816 912 576 577 580 597
EndSection

Section "Device"
         Identifier  "Videocard0"
         Driver      "openchrome"
         VendorName  "Via Technologies"
         BoardName   "CLE266 Unichrome"
         Option      "PciRetry" "true"
#       Option      "UseBIOS" "true"
#       Option      "ActiveDevice" "TV"
         Option      "ActiveDevice" "CRT,TV"
         Option      "TVType" "NTSC"
#       Option      "TVOutput" "Composite"
#       Option      "TVDeflicker" "0"
         Option      "TVOutput" "S-Video"
#       Option      "TVVScan" "over"
#  Option       "AccelMethod" "exa"
#  Option       "ExaScratchSize" "8192"
#  Option       "MaxDRIMem" "16384"
#  Option       "MigrationHeuristic" "greedy"

#       Option      "TVVScan" "under"
#       Option      "TVDotCrawl"
#       Option      "NoDDCValue"
#       Option      "HQVManualSwitch"
#       Option      "NoHQVVFilter"
#       Option      "CaptureOverScanOff"
#       Option      "Cap0Deinterlace" "Bob"
#       Option      "Cap0Deinterlace" "Weave"
#        Option      "Cap1Deinterlace" "Bob"
#        Option      "Cap1Deinterlace" "Weave"
#        Option      "Cap0FieldSwap"
#        Option      "NoCap0HFilter"
#        Option      "NoCap1HFilter"
#        Option       "EnableAGPDMA" "true"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
         Identifier "Screen0"
         Device     "Videocard0"