[mythtv-users] Missing programids on recent recordings.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 22 23:55:12 UTC 2009

On 09/22/2009 02:32 PM, Stephen Robertson wrote:
> I've just noticed that I don't have any programids in my database for
> any recordings made in the last month or so.  I have not noticed any
> ill effects yet but was wondering if this was a symptom of an
> underlying problem.  I've been updating to trunk every few days for
> the past couple of months and haven't aware of any problems updating
> database schemata or the like.
>
> I'm in the UK and all my recordings are DVB-T using EIT guide data.

They're doing some work on EIT to fix some issues with default authority
not being used properly, which should have some effects on programid's.
I think the current state is--pardon the technical jargon--"Not done,
yet," (though I'm not actually involved or really paying any attention
to the changes--as I'm not affected by it).

Myth was designed to use programid's for duplicate matching when
available, but to fall back to the user-specified duplicate matching
scheme (using subtitle and/or description) when not available on both
the old and new program.  So, depending on how reliably identical future
subtitles/descriptions are for these shows, you may not see any ill effects.

Mike