[mythtv-users] Hosed Database?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 22 23:33:58 UTC 2009

On 09/22/2009 11:05 AM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 9:46 AM, Brian Long wrote:
>
>> I seem to have hosed my database by running the myth_rename script.  For
>> example, I have lots of errors in mythbackend.log like the following:
>>
>> 2009-09-22 10:18:02.887 ProgramInfo, Error: GetPlaybackURL:
>> 'Aquí_y_Ahora_-_2009-07-28,_10-00_PM_-_Untitled.mpg' should be local, but it
>> can not be found.
>> 2009-09-22 10:18:02.888 ERROR when trying to delete file:
>> /GetPlaybackURL/UNABLE/TO/FIND/LOCAL/FILE/ON/lorien/Aquí_y_Ahora_-_2009-07-28,_10-00_PM_-_Untitled.mpg.
>> File doesn't exist.  Database metadata will not be removed.

Yep.  Only some characters (not including the i with accent) can be used
in recording titles.

>> I believe I ran it like so:
>> perl /usr/share/doc/mythtv-docs-0.21/contrib/mythrename.pl --underscores
>> --verbose --replacement
>>
>> What is the recommended cleanup procedure?

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythrename.pl

Under "Basic Usage" after all the warnings about how you probably
shouldn't run it without the --link option.

>>   Should I shutdown the backend,
>> dump the database and start parsing through the SQL looking for invalid
>> filenames and manually fix them in the appropriate table?

Nope.

>> I found old threads referencing CheckMythDB.pl and it reports my storage
>> group is find.  In fact, if I cd into my storage directory, the named mpg is
>> found.  I wonder if MythTV is having problems with the i since it has an
>> accent on it (í).
>>
> When i accidentally did something like that (I typed mythrename.pl and
> didn't know that by default it went ahead and renamed everything) I
> figured out how to get it to rename the files back to the standard
> naming scheme. Not sure if that helps but it sounds like you'll have
> to figure out if there is a way to create a "map" from the name myth
> is asking for and the name of the actual file. Then decide if you want
> to update the database or rename the files.

Yep.  That's the approach recommended in the wiki page linked above (it
actually gives exact syntax).

Mike