[mythtv-users] MythWeb Listings - strange date

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 22:44:51 UTC 2009

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 5:52 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 4:17 PM, Drew Gilbert <gilbert.drew at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Mark Knecht wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>   This morning I wanted to use MythWeb to set up a recording. When I
>>> go to the listings page the date at the top is today and the listings
>>> are today. Good so far. In the upper right there is a time and date
>>> area where you can jump to another date or time. Unfortunately in that
>>> area it has today's date but says the year is 2000, not 2009. There
>>> doesn't seem to be any way to type in the current date.
>>>
>>>   Everything on the status page looks correct.
>>>
>>>   How can I get MythWeb back to the correct date?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Mark
>>
>> Just a thought, is your master backend's date set correctly?  Are you using
>> ntp to set the time?
>>
>> On the status page, machine information, what date is shown on the line that
>> starts:
>>
>> "Last mythfilldatabase run started on "
>>
>> -Drew
>
> Hi Drew,
>   Yes, the system date is correct. It shows up correctly on the
> MythWeb backend status page, it shows up correctly using date in a
> terminal. It's only wrong on the Listings page, and then only in the
> upper left corner where you attempt to jump to a new date and time.
> This same page has the right date at the top left where it says:
> "Currently Browsing: Mon Sep 21, 2009, 04:45 PM". Granted, that date
> is probably jsut where the database is pointing at list data and not a
> real date, but it always matches when it 'should' be in the sense that
> it's right now and what I want to say. It's just the box at the right
> which is totally hosed.
>
> MacMini ~ # date
> Mon Sep 21 16:48:20 PDT 2009
>
> MacMini ~ # /etc/init.d/ntpd status
>  * status:  started
>
>   I think I'll look at uninstalling MythWeb and then reinstalling it.

It's possible that this is cached.  You can try clearing cached
sessions from the database if you like:

$ mysql -v -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg -e 'DELETE FROM mythweb_sessions'

(Keep in mind that a recent backup of your database is always
recommended before executing SQL queries directly)

--
Joe Ripley
vitaminjoe at gmail.com