[mythtv-users] Can't find libraries

Tim McKenzie tjm1983 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 03:54:07 UTC 2009

On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 14:08:48 Brian Wood wrote:
> Make sure it's in your library path, and that you ran ldconfig
>  after you added it and/or its path.

Thanks; I added a file called mythtv.conf to my /etc/ld.so.conf.d/
directory, and put in it:

/usr/local/lib

Then I ran ldconfig as root.

> Also make sure the ownership and permissions are correct.

Permissions may well be my next problem:

mythtv-setup: error while loading shared libraries:
/usr/local/lib/libmythswscale-0.22.so.0: cannot restore segment
prot after reloc: Permission denied

This time, Googling reveals several people asking similar
questions.  Usually the answer given is to disable SELinux, which
seems extreme.  Is this really necessary, or is there a nicer way
to do it?

Tim
<><