[mythtv-users] Bad recordings when watching LiveTV and the select record

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Sep 21 21:31:52 UTC 2009

On 09/21/2009 01:45 PM, John H wrote:
> Thanks for the info on the channels looks like a known bug. I wonder
> if this relates to my bad recordings issue.

No.

>  I don't understand. While
> watching LiveTV, the recording looks great and once I hit record in
> the middle of the show things go bad. If I pre-schedule I have no
> issues.

The channel issue cannot be related to the issue you're seeing when you
hit RECORD (R) during LiveTV, as there is no channel change involved in
turning LiveTV into a recording--Myth simply changes the recording group
from LiveTV to Default.  In truth, I can't think of any way that a
recording could become corrupt just by your hitting R.  (I'm not saying
I don't believe what you're saying, just that I can't come up with any
way that could happen.)

Mike