[mythtv-users] new rig ... help with specs

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 19:18:37 UTC 2009

On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 1:14 PM, Michelle Dupuis <support at ocg.ca> wrote:
> From experience, avoid ATI cards.  As well, check out VDPAU which is
> Nvidia...moves all deinterlacing to the grpahics card and more...
>
> On hard disks, I have great experience with Seagate in servers - but the
> past year I've read about more problems with seagate combined with reduced
> Seagate warranty.  That worries me...

Just a "me too" here. I just sent off for an RMA on my third Segate
drive (one original purchase, 3rd replacement). I paid the $20
advanced replacement the first two times. This time I called and they
at least gave me prepaid shipping but no advanced replacement. Good
thing I bought a retail drive with a 5 year warranty.

Richard