[mythtv-users] DVB-T scan fails

Bánó Gábor banogabor at mail.tvnet.hu
Mon Sep 21 18:21:28 UTC 2009

Hi! I'm using a latest mythtv trunk version using svn. I have 2 tuners
my system:

    PVRUSB2 - It works perfectly
    FREECOM (Avermedia again) DVB-T tuner - It's now not works with
mythtv (only)

The earlier version of mythtv could handle this tuner correctly. I could
receive Digital TV next to Analog.
Now, the Mythtv cannot tune broadcastes with any method.

  1, The 'Full scan' tuning gone from a new version. So I cannot to run
a full scan on DVB-T.

  2, I'm created a zap format channel scan (channels.conf). When I give
it to mythtv-setup, I've 'Parse error %1' :(

  3, I'm tried a handle tune in mythtv-setup. I give same params as
dvbstream, but It couldn't any channels :(

I'm allways checked conflicts beetween dvbstream and mythtv-setup. The
tuner was allways usable, when I try to tune it. What may be wrong?

More: I didn't found QAM settings, but Polarity.

It's strange enough that mythtv-setup detects this card as DVB-S
(subtype, 2. menu point)

Regards

Gabor Bano