[mythtv-users] Watch Recordings and Fanart

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Sun Sep 20 18:17:46 UTC 2009

Something about Watch Recordings has been broken over the last few days
for me.  It takes an inordinate amount of time to scroll through show
listings (using Graphite).  Using strace I was able to see the
mythfrontend process attempting to stat EVERY FILE in my
~mythfrontend/.mythtv/MythVideo/ directory, including the Fanart and
Posters subdirectories.  Given that I have a large collection of
recorded shows exported to MythVideo, it takes a while.  And no - if I
go from one to the other then back, I don't see a themecache speedup...

One more thing - I occasionally see the following in my frontend log:

	Preview Error: Remote Preview failed, reason given: ERROR_UNKNOWN

Any ideas?

CentOS 5, trunk version 21964

	-I