[mythtv-users] Mute "sticks" after FFWD

Mark Garland mythtvusers at markgarland.co.uk
Sat Sep 19 11:09:39 UTC 2009

> If I play a recording and fast-forward and
> then hit play the sound does not come back.  If I then hit pause followed
> by
> play the sound is back.

Hi Harry,

Likely to be unrelated, but I have an intermitted issue with the mute
sticking too.

I'm running 0.21.0+fixes19961-0ubuntu8 on Ubuntu 9.04, and I completely
uninstalled PulseAudio (apt-get remove) as recommended here:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Configuring_Digital_Sound#PulseAudio

Mine tends to flare up when the missus is changing channels in LiveTV.
She'll hop from one channel to the next and the sound will be muted - a
simple press of the mute button resolves this.  Then she hops again and it's
done again.

I then found (after she had complained about the muting) we went on to watch
a recording and the mute would stick when fast-forwarding/rewinding.

A restart of the mythfrontend process resolve it, and AFAIK there was
nothing in the logs at the default level to hint at what was up.  If honest,
this happens about once fortnight so didn't warrant further investigation
(with a hope it'll be better in 0.22).

Hope that helps in some way,

MG