[mythtv-users] Arrow keys and menus

Richard Parvass richardparvass at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 19 01:03:42 UTC 2009

> Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 14:56:10 -0400
> From: mtdean at thirdcontact.com
> >
> > In 0.21-fixes with Arrow key accelerators enabled, hitting Right on a
> > recording would play from the bookmark (or the beginning if no
> > bookmark is set). Hitting SELECT (Enter/Space) when a recording is
> > selected--in /both/ 0.21-fixes /and/ trunk--plays the recording from
> > the bookmark (or the beginning if no bookmark is set). Therefore,
> > since you can find Enter easily in the dark, all is good--once you get
> > rid of the old muscle memory.
> >
> > The only way--even in 0.21-fixes--to play from the beginning when a
> > bookmark was set was to use the INFO menu.
>
> Oh, nvm... You actually get the INFO popup with arrow key accelerators
> in -fixes.
>
> Mike

Thanks, I will probably downgrade, hoping the choppy video isn't present again (It's an Athlon XP 2000+ that simultaneously recorded, played and commercial flagged quite happily until I upgraded to Fedora 11 to fix a hard-hang issue, but have found that the hang's still present in F12 Rawhide), and stick at 0.21-fixes which seemed the better interface to me despite some anomalies. Several years of using the same interface is difficult to un-learn and I find myself snarling at 0.22. Not that I'm trying to put down all the good work that has gone into MythTV - it's excellent!