[mythtv-users] file size 'B'

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Sep 19 00:49:41 UTC 2009

<fixed top posting>

On 09/18/2009 08:32 PM, Fraser, Douglas wrote:
> From: Michael T. Dea
>> On 09/18/2009 07:18 PM, Fraser, Douglas wrote:
>>> I've started getting this notice in Mythweb on I guess zero length records.  This box has been running fine for about 3 weeks when all of a sudden I'm losing 3 out of 5 records.  I haven't changed or add anything.  This system records all the local news feeds so generates about 25 hours of recorded material a day.  There are 3 hdhomeruns as the tuners.  I can sit at the system's frontend and watch live tv so I assume the homeruns are working, but if I set a record, nothing.  The system does not create any mpg files in /storage/recordings for that failed record.  Yet others will work.  I've enclosed a short part of the backend log on a 'B' size recording.
>> This is almost always due to problems with the capture device not
>> providing any data to Myth.
>>
>> Check your system logs/dmesg output to see if you see any errors in there.
> Thanks for the reply.  Other then the backendlog error for not finding the mpg file, I'm not seeing any other errors.  I'm starting to wonder if Comcast has shifted the channel assignments around, or something.  If I run the hdhomerun_config /tuner0/streaminfo on a bad recording

I'm assuming you mean on a channel from which you get bad recordings
(since you said you get no files for the failed recordings).

>  I get all '0's, but if I do it on a good recording it fills in the fields with local call signs.  However, I can do livetv on the offending channels.  I am most confused.

That sounds like you need to rescan your channels.  You may have "Use
quick tuning" enabled for "Live TV only", which would allow tuning to
succeed for LiveTV but not for recordings.

Mike