[mythtv-users] Not quite OT, but close. A letter to congress.

Jeff Wormsley daworm at comcast.net
Fri Sep 18 15:33:56 UTC 2009

Eric Ladner wrote:
> The FCC passed regulations stating that cable boxes should have a
> functional FireWire port to allow consumers to record cable TV
> programs.
I don't think this is correct.  I think this was so that people who
bought early HDTV sets with firewire inputs could continue using them
and not have to replace them.  I may be wrong about that, though.

Jeff.
--
I haven't smoked for 3 years, 1 month and 1 day, saving $5,078.30 and
not smoking 33,855.35 cigarettes.