[mythtv-users] VGA -SCART and interlace (2x)

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Fri Sep 18 13:44:10 UTC 2009

Paul Gardiner wrote:
> One other possibility is that you've run into the nVidia driver problem
> with interlaced modes that has been mentioned here. I think that
> would cause a halving of your vertical resolution. If that's the
> case, the picture quality should be very much worse than watching
> a program live on the TV without Myth.

One thing I should add. I never managed to make this work with an
nVIdia card. I tried with an FX5200 and failed. Not sure I tried
everything though. I had to use an ATI card (well build in chip in
the end).

Best way to confirm it's working is to look at rolling credits
at the end of a program. They should look perfect when playing
but combed if you pause.

Paul.