[mythtv-users] UK Freeview users - rescan channels on/after 30th September 2009

Marc Randolph mrand at pobox.com
Fri Sep 18 13:27:45 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 5:43 AM, Mike Perkins
<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> Nick Morrott wrote:
>>
>> National channel shuffling (chiefly for channel Five) will take place
>> on 30 September 2009 and all UK Freeview users are advised to rescan
>> from noon onwards to continue to receive their digital channels.
>>
>> More info here:
>>

>> http://www.freeview.co.uk/freeview/Resolutions/About-Channels/Retuning/Freeview-national-retune-30-September-2009
>>
>> Proposed new Freeview channel list here:
>>

>> http://www.freeview.co.uk/freeview/content/download/2695/15797/file/Channel%20Guide%20proposed%2030%20September.pdf
>>
> Typical. I'll have to retune everything, and then a month or so later, do it
> all again when I upgrade to 0.22.

Howdy Mike,

I live in north Texas and use Time Warner cable, so I don't fully
appreciate how much of a chore channel rescanning is (sounds quite
bad, especially considering the frequency that some users seem to have
to do it).  But why not upgrade to 0.22 at the end of the month
(before rescanning) and put up with any instabilities in 0.22 for a
while?  Then at least you only have to do it once!

Regards,

   Marc