[mythtv-users] Mute "sticks" after FFWD

Bruce Taber b.taber at comcast.net
Thu Sep 17 23:58:00 UTC 2009

On 09/17/2009 06:36 PM, Mark Kendall wrote:
> 2009/9/15 Harry Orenstein <holists at verizon.net>:
>> I know that sound is muted during fast-forward.  Is it possible there was a
>> change that removed the un-mute after a fast-forward?  I'm running trunk
>> r21822, but this has been a problem since I upgraded to trunk right after the
>> 0.22 code freeze announcement.
>
> What distro are you using? I recently upgraded one box to ubuntu 9.10
> (alpha 5) and noticed that the system sound keeps on getting muted
> when using mythfrontend - usually after skips/pauses etc.
>
> rgds
>
> Mark

I'm also seeing this behavior on Fedora 11.

Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 21894
MythTV Branch    : trunk
Network Protocol : 48
Library API      : 0.22.20090916-2
QT Version       : 4.5.2
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_oss using_alsa using_pulse using_backend using_dvb
using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv
using_libfftw3 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video
using_opengl_vsync using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr
using_xv using_xvmc using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg

This was noticed ever since migrating to trunk. "Usually" a simple
pause/play corrects the problem but I've seen cases where I've had to
stop and restart the recording to get sound back again.

Bruce