[mythtv-users] How do I get coverart/etc in watch recordings?

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 22:06:06 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 2:57 PM, David Asher <asherml at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Absolutely POSITIVE.  The directories are defined and mounted.
>>>
>>> The MythVideo coverart shows up fine and those don't have the _coverart
>>> on
>>> them which is why I asked.  Only Watch Recordings doesn't get it and all
>>> those DO have the _coverart in the filename.  I fetched the MythVideo
>>> metadata with an older trunk version of jamu (21644).
>>>
>>> Is there a verbose level that might help me get more information on
>>> what's
>>> going on?
>>>
>>> I am running trunk r21784 -- pretty recent.
>>>
>>> David.
>>>

>> Your version of trunk is ~115 revisions old, please update and try
>> again.  Also, please clear your theme cache after having updated but
>> before running the frontend.  This all works fine here, but there
>> *were* changes to the filename parsing in the recent past.  Either you
>> are out of date or there is a deeper concern, but I suspect the
>> former.
>
> 115 revisions, but only 5 days!  You guys are flying...
>
> I'll update to the latest tonight and delete the themecache.  Should I also
> delete the coverart/etc and refetch?
>
> Is having the mixture of filename styles OK?
>
> David.

Yes.  For posterity, and so Mike Dean has a link to give people when
they ask, *anything* downloaded by current JAMU or mythvideo will work
in the Watch Recordings hunt.  Also, all the former naming schemes are
acceptable.  This includes:

A Movie Name.png/jpg/gif
A Movie Name_coverart/fanart/banner.png/jpg/gif
A Show Name.png/jpg/gif
A Show Name_coverart/fanart/banner.png/jpg/gif
A Show Name Season #.png/jpg/gif
A Show Name Season #_coverart/fanart/banner.png/jpg/gif
A Show Name S#.png/jpg/gif
A Show Name S#_coverart/fanart/banner.png/jpg/gif
A Show Name Season # Episode #.png/jpg/gif
A Show Name Season # Episode #_coverart/fanart/banner.png/jpg/gif
A Show Name S#E#.png/jpg/gif
A Show Name S#E#_coverart/fanart/banner.png/jpg/gif
A Show Name #x#.png/jpg/gif
A Show Name #x#_coverart/fanart/banner.png/jpg/gif
SERIESID.png/jpg/gif

All of the above are acceptable, and tested.  Note that the show names
must match *identically*.  Currently, I'm running w/ only images
downloaded by the MythVideo UI and for recordings, by Jamu.  All are
working perfectly as of latest trunk.  So please definitely make sure
to rm all your old libs and plugin libs before installing the new
version (rm /usr/lib/libmyth* && rm /usr/lib/mythtv/plugins/*)
(update for /usr/local as necessary).

Robert