[mythtv-users] How do I get coverart/etc in watch recordings?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 20:47:09 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/9/17 Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com>:
> Yes. It only happens the first time you visit the videos after selecting a
> theme. There are assorted image transformations done, then cached and loaded
> into memory, as part of your theme cache. Quite painful at first for me w/my
> ION frontend, but now (even after reboots) as long as I don't change themes,
> its all rather snappy.

I wouldn't have posted my concern if it was a one time issue. I
understand that some work is involved in scaling, transparency etc..
But the delay occurs every time, not just once.

Here is what I do:
select the video
Info -> Download metadata.
now move to another video.
Exit mythvideo, come back, go to the video 2s delay..

Now I've found that if I completely exist mythfrontend, restart it,
and go back to that video: then now there's no more delay.

Another case:
I have a folder containing one video.
I go into the folder, select the video, info -> Download metadata
go up a directory, covertart appear after about 2s (that's on a 3.16GHz C2D)
go into the directory -> wait 2s , coverart appear.

Now if I exit mythfrontend and go back to that folder, wait 2s, coverart appear.
If I now go inside that directory, the coverart appear instantly.
If I go back up one level, the coverart now appears immediately.
I can repeat that behaviour everytime I try. The coverart for the
folder after a restart, seems to be cached only when I go to the
folder and on the video inside.

So something isn't right ...
Jean-Yves