[mythtv-users] How do I get coverart/etc in watch recordings?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Wed Sep 16 19:47:32 UTC 2009

On Sep 16, 2009, at 3:43 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> While talking about fanart and the like.
>
> I updated the metadata forany if my video files which automatically
> retrieved the appropriate metadata.
>
> Fanart/coverart etc dir, are all mounted NFS via gigabit Ethernet.
> It looks really good. However, now moving the cursor from one video
> to another takes over 2s.
> Make the whole video browsing pretty, but barely usable.
>
> Neither my backend or frontend are slow machines. And the
> connectivity between the two is really good.
>
> Is this a known issue?

Yes. It only happens the first time you visit the videos after
selecting a theme. There are assorted image transformations done, then
cached and loaded into memory, as part of your theme cache. Quite
painful at first for me w/my ION frontend, but now (even after
reboots) as long as I don't change themes, its all rather snappy.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com