[mythtv-users] Remotux Beta Testing

jansenj jansenj+myth at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 18:50:23 UTC 2009

> * Every piece is open source (GPLv2)
> * Full mouse gestures (three buttons, click-drag, scrolling)
> * Full keyboard
> * Open protocol to allow for mixing and matching of clients and servers
> * On Linux (which is the only platform supported server side so far)
> it runs at the kernel level, not the X session level
> * Security through SSL and authentication through sasldb (on Linux at
> least, OS X likely will use keychain services)
> * Avahi/mDNS/Bonjour/Zeroconf service discovery

This will be very interesting and quite possibly very useful for those times
that something goes wrong while watching myth, or bringing up a browser to
check on something...or watch something...without having to deal with
getting out my wireless keyboard and mouse.

Given the understanding of what you are trying to achieve, my only feature
suggestion (without having tried it yet) would be to have the ability to
ctrl-alt-backspace for those times something goes wrong with X/frontend.  A
quick way to send a graphical reboot command.  Along with that, the ability
to ctrl-alt-F1 to switch to a terminal from the comfy of your couch, then
back to ctrl-alt-F7.  Just ideas...what you have currently sounds great
though.