[mythtv-users] Notification of conflicts

Bob Long bob at oblong.com.au
Wed Sep 16 07:25:29 UTC 2009

Jim Stichnoth wrote:
[..]

> If you still have problems finding the perl script or getting it to
> run, you could always try "mythbackend --printsched".  Conflicts will
> be indicated by a "C" character in the column labeled "N".  Unless the
> formatting of --printsched has changed, this command should work:
>
>   mythbackend --printsched | awk '/^Title -
> Subtitle/||substr($0,70,1)=="C"{print}'

Neat! But on my system, column "N" (the decoder number to be used?) can
be greater than 10 (as can the "C" column), so the formatting goes bad
and the columns no longer remain fixed width.

So try this (simply grabs the second last field, which is column "N"):
mythbackend --printsched | awk '/^Title - Subtitle/||$(NF-1)=="C"{print}'

--
Bob Long