[mythtv-users] Recording menu changes in SVN?

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 04:02:09 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 8:55 PM, Matt W <mwood23 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks--
>
> I had to rebuild my new system recently and the latest SVN(s) seem to
> give a newly re-styled recording menu:
>
> http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u69/mbw242/IMG00123.jpg
>
> This seems to have sprung up in the last few days and sadly I'm not a
> fan.  Hate to be an old dude, but the former menu is much easier to
> read, navigate and is more aesthetically pleasing (well to me, anyway
> :-) )

<Insert comment about following commits>

It's not going to get reverted, this is the MythUI conversion.  Your
screencap is of the default fallback version of the screen.  Until
themes get unique versions of these screens, they'll be falling back
to default.  It's not meant to be beautiful, it's meant to work.  It
also gives themers tons of flexibility to do all sorts of things with
it, such as:

http://www.fecitfacta.com/scheded2.png

If people don't like default and it encourages them to start working
on themes, that's a net win in my book.

> Is this something that can be adjusted by theme or menu settings in
> the frontend setup?

When someone writes a new spin on the screen, yes.  (The above is
unreleased work)

> Worst case I guess I can start stepping back through the SVN versions
> but one very recent one broke the database library build iirc.

You can revert, but you'll be stuck there in perpetuity, MythUI is here to stay.

> any advice is appreciated.  thanks!

Only to say that the MythUI conversion is an enormous amount of work
predominantly done by one person, and speaking as a themer, I am
astonished at how much more he has given us to work with.  There's
room for everyone to write themes, and you would be most welcome to
write one of your own and share it with us.

Robert