[mythtv-users] HDMI audio working in Firefox/Flash, but not MythTV

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 14:14:13 UTC 2009

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 9:12 PM, Laura Donovan Bannister <geekgerl at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Thanks for all the responses! Here is the config that ended up working for
> me:
>
> Audio output device: ALSA:default
> Passthrough output device: Default
> Max Audio Channels: Stereo
> Upmix: Passive
> Enable AC3 to SPDIF passthrough (unchecked)
> Enable DTS to SPDIF passthrough (unchecked)
> Aggressive sound card buffering (unchecked)
> Use internal volume controls (unchecked)
>
> Woohoo! Sound at last!
>
> -LDB

Three questions.  1) Did you try the same configuration with passthrough
checked?
2) What is your asound.conf file?
3) Does the internal volume control work?

The internal volume control should not work if you have true digital
passthrough so I ask that last part as a check on what is going on with your
having digital output without passthrough checked.

I would like to update my wiki so that this will help others but I don't
have HDMI so have to depend on others to help with this.

Allen