[mythtv-users] Remotux Beta Testing

Chris Adams rocket at extremelan.net
Tue Sep 15 06:25:57 UTC 2009

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 8:37 AM, Chase Douglas
<chasedouglas.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> Last year I developed MyMote, an iPhone/iPod Touch remote for MythTV.

MyMote is very useful!

Not sure if you know about the existing (paid) app called ControlPad.
It sends input to a VNC server, so no need for anything custom on the
server side. It does lack SSL and support of a third mouse button, and
of course it costs money, but it gets the job done.

NB. Another feature you might consider (missing from ControlPad) is
showing the desktop on the phone's screen. I'd envision it being
pinch-to-zoom and "throwable" (ie. you can throw the magnified image
like you can the contact list, but you're throwing the mouse cursor)..

Lots of potential, I'd like to be a tester, but I've just moved house
and everything's in boxes. I'll email you when the mythbox is up and
running again.

Cheers
Chris