[mythtv-users] Mythbackend VERY unstable. Repetitive errors in log

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 02:55:02 UTC 2009

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 7:22 PM, Greg Hermsen <g.hermy15 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.  I recently upgraded from Mythbuntu 8.04 to 8.10 and to 9.04.  Along
> with the Mythbuntu verion upgrade, I upgraded my CPU to an AMD Quad core
> processor and upgraded the mobo.  I have 2 Hauppauge 1600 PCI dual tuner
> cards and plenty of available drive space.  I recompiled the drivers for the
> Hauppauge cards after the Mythbuntu upgrade.  My system worked prior to the
> upgrade, but since upgrading the backend has become very unstable.  When I
> reboot, I may be good for a couple hours or as long as a day or 1.5 days.
>
> My backend log has MANY repeating error repeating error messages.  I pasted
> samples below.  I've run repairs on the database, but that did not fix the
> problem.
>
> Please help!  I'm at a loss.
>
> Greg

Hi,
   I'm sure that this was because HyperThreading was a joke but when I
had my backend on a HyperThreaded processor with SMP turned on I had
all sort of problems with the backend that were solved by turning it
off.

   That's all probably fixed now in the code but keep it in the back
of your mind if other suggestions don't solve your problems.

Cheers,
Mark