[mythtv-users] Will we ever have Clear QAM WAS: Seattle Times: Comcast to encrypt basic cable QAM channels

Rick rbonafied at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 23:56:53 UTC 2009

I don't know how much it costs in electricity to run all their Set Top
Boxes, but I would love to subtract that expense from what I pay them.

I also wonder if they can legally advertise their service without
including the cost of the STB in the rates.  Technically, once the STB
is required, one can't make use of the signal without it.  Therefore, it
shouldn't be a hidden cost after you've signed up.