[mythtv-users] Lost my OS hard drive

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 18:21:02 UTC 2009

On 14/09/2009, James Crow <james at ultratans.com> wrote:
>  So now I have lost my mythconverg DB as well as its backups. All my
> recordings are intact. Is there any way to rebuild the portion of the
> database that shows the recorded files with just the recordings? I have an
> older db backup from ~ 6 months ago on an older machine so that will contain
> some of the older recorded and then deleted programs. I have 1.9TB of
> recordings and would hate to just end up with files I can view through
> mythvideo instead of through the recordings interface.

If you've upgraded your MythTV install recently which required a
schema update to the database, you *might* have well a copy of the old
database(s). This should be in your recordings directory, unless you
specified a particular DB backup directory in mythtv-setup.

>  If anyone has any ideas on possible ways to salvage a drive with the click
> of death I'm open to suggestions.

Anyone else recommend the "stick it in the freezer" trick when all else fails?

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott