[mythtv-users] Suggestions for file/directory structure for music for use with MythMusic etc?

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 15:12:31 UTC 2009

I have over 18000 tracks and I use

Artist/<album or single name>/artist-album-track#-tracktitle

With meta data populated in id3
Upsides it works with every application and allows album playback, easy to
navigate.

Down sides changes requie chaning meta data and file structure/name

For instance there doesn't seem to be reliable data to provide artist names
reliably, some times its:
- flaming lips
- the flaming lips
- flaming lips, the

And that doesn't take into account capitalisation variances.

Generally this works well and is easy to navigate and works with all
applications I have looked at.

On windows j river media center does a great job of keeping file names and
meta data in sync, I am looking for a way to do this on linux as easily.

Please excuse brevity and mistakes, this email was composed on a mobile
phone.

Thanks and regards,
Richard Morton
07899750400