[mythtv-users] fanart question

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 03:47:11 UTC 2009

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 8:44 PM, freedenizen <freedenizen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 4:52 PM, Robert McNamara
> <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sorry, that's what I meant-- anyway, in Dave's case, things *are*
>> getting cached and he's still reporting slowness, so I'm suspecting
>> it's slow system in general.  It's definitely not about the theme or
>> MythVideo, but sounds more fundamental.
>
> I went back and checked, things are working as expected.  I think I
> was messing around between themes and such so much that I just assumed
> the delays were always there.  Perhaps an idea for the future would be
> to have one cache of scaled fanart for each resolution, rather then
> each theme.

that's not possible, the cached images have the effects the particular
theme applies to them cached.  So masks, alpha, reflections,
grayscale, resolutions they are used at as specified by the themes,
etc. are all part of the cached images.  Those aren't carried over to
other themes.

I'm messing around with a few different ones, so I went
> through and got all 500+ scaled fanarts cached for one theme and then
> copied them to the other theme directories so I wouldn't have to go
> through it for each one.

that wont' work for the reasons outlined above.

Robert