[mythtv-users] Had to rescan with scte65scan, now playback is jittery

Levander levander404 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 20:01:16 UTC 2009

I'm using an HVR 2250 to watch ClearQAM channels from Comcast.  I am in
one of the areas where they're passing out the Pace DC50x DTA's.

Last night, when I tuned to some channels, all I'd get is a big
information box in the center of the screen that said "You should have
gotten a lock by now".  So, basically I lost the channels.

I rescanned for them with scte65scan, populated the database, and now
I've got the channels back.  I looked at the SQL file scte65scan
generated and it looks like Comcast has changed the frequencies it's
broadcasting some stations on.

So, now I can tune to the channels.  But, the video is jerky.  I am
getting prebuffering pauses in mythfrontend.log.

One thing I noticed that's weird is that it used to be when I first
changed to a channel, the OSD would give technical data about the
channel I was changing too.  One of these was "Signal" and the value
would always be at least 89% up to as much as, say, 94%.  However, now
when I switch to a channel, that value is always 0%.  Which seems weird,
because I can watch the channel.  If the Signal were really 0%, I'd get
no picture, right?

Hints as to where to go from here greatly appreciated,
-Levander