[mythtv-users] Tracking which encoder shows record on.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Sep 11 15:34:32 UTC 2009

On 09/11/2009 11:03 AM, Jay Roberts wrote:
> In trying to troubleshoot intermittent recording problems on a
> multiple encoder system, it would really help me to be able to
> determine which encoder recorded shows recorded on using info in the
> database. However, I can't see a way to do this. I've looked through
> whats available in the database, and it does not look to me like this
> is tracked.  Am I correct?  If not, how would I tell?
>
> The best I could do was use chanid in the recorded table to determine
> the video source, but with multiple encoders on the same video source,
> this still would not narrow it down to the actual encoder.
>
> Barring the database, I suppose I could go to the log file but I was
> hoping to not have to do that.
>
> I was looking for any help I could get.

The log output (to file or the DB logging, if enabled/messages still
available there) is the only place the card used to record is specified.

It's easy enough to pull out of the logs.  Just grep the master backend
log for '[[:digit:]] Started recording:' to get lines:

2009-09-10 21:00:04.512 Started recording: Supernatural "Sympathy for
the Devil": channel 1181 on cardid 1, sourceid 1

or for ': Started recording:' to get lines like:

2009-09-10 21:00:04.669 scheduler: Started recording: Supernatural
"Sympathy for the Devil": channel 1181 on cardid 1, sourceid 1

Mike