[mythtv-users] Tracking which encoder shows record on.

Kenneth Emerson kenneth.emerson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 15:29:40 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 10:03 AM, Jay Roberts <roberts at fastmail.us> wrote:

> In trying to troubleshoot intermittent recording problems on a multiple
> encoder system, it would really help me to be able to determine which
> encoder recorded shows recorded on using info in the database. However, I
> can't see a way to do this. I've looked through whats available in the
> database, and it does not look to me like this is tracked.  Am I correct?
>  If not, how would I tell?
>
> The best I could do was use chanid in the recorded table to determine the
> video source, but with multiple encoders on the same video source, this
> still would not narrow it down to the actual encoder.
>
> Barring the database, I suppose I could go to the log file but I was hoping
> to not have to do that.
>
> I was looking for any help I could get.
>
> Jay
>
> Jay:

One of the problems I see in tracking the encoder number with the recording
is that this number is not cast in stone.  Any time you delete and re-add
tuner cards, the encoder numbers change.  It would be up to the user to
delete/add tuner cards in the exact same order each time in order to keep
the tuner IDs the same.

Regards,

Ken