[mythtv-users] Tracking which encoder shows record on.

Jay Roberts roberts at fastmail.us
Fri Sep 11 15:03:11 UTC 2009

In trying to troubleshoot intermittent recording problems on a multiple
encoder system, it would really help me to be able to determine which
encoder recorded shows recorded on using info in the database. However,
I can't see a way to do this. I've looked through whats available in the
database, and it does not look to me like this is tracked.  Am I
correct?  If not, how would I tell?

The best I could do was use chanid in the recorded table to determine
the video source, but with multiple encoders on the same video source,
this still would not narrow it down to the actual encoder.

Barring the database, I suppose I could go to the log file but I was
hoping to not have to do that.

I was looking for any help I could get.

Jay