[mythtv-users] HD-PVR CPU and VPDAU issue

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 15:00:13 UTC 2009

> I found the problem with system 2 with the VPDAU setup.
> I needed to set the interlacing protocol.
>
> What is the best interlace protocol?

I think you are referring to the deinterlacers. The best is Advanced
2x. Most would say the next best to try is Temporal 2x.

> For system 1. What is the best (cheapest card) that will work for all
> resolutions.

I would look at 8500/8600/9500/9600. Most people prefer a fanless
model. All of the VDPAU cards can do the same decoding and they can do
most of the deinterlacers as well. The 8300/8400/9300 generally can't
do Advanced 2x with HD material, but they can handle the other
deinterlacers.