[mythtv-users] Doh! (solved) Re: video: multiple images inside frame

znoteer at hailmail.net znoteer at hailmail.net
Thu Sep 10 06:01:43 UTC 2009

On Wed, 09 Sep 2009 19:06 -0700, znoteer at hailmail.net wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Sep 2009 15:56 -0400, "Michael T. Dean"
> <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> > If you're using the on-board ProSavage VGA, that may also be the problem.
> >
> > Most likely it's video driver problems.  Can you test with a different
> > video card?
>
>                 I did try it again with a
> different agp card (ati this time) and an
> ati pci card.  The box didn't lock up, but
> mythfrontend crashed after a couple of
> minutes of bogging down the box (sluggish
> jerky mouse, waiting for ages for a kbd
> key press to do anything.

Never change two variables at once.  Well
I didn't think it would be a variable, but
I enabled the via southbridge v-link when I
was in the bios to switch from on board to
addon video card.  Realized my error when
I switched back to the onboard adapter and
it didn't work anymore.

> Would my problems with the savage driver be
> a bug that I should report or is driving a
> signal from the ivtv card simply outside the
> capacities of the savage h/w?

I still wonder if any more technically inclined
people think the video problem with the S3
ProSavage adapter should be reported.

Thanks for catching this for me.

  znoteer at hailmail.net